Stocks Break New Record; Economic Outlook Clears
Published Friday, November 1, 2019 at: 7:00 AM EDT
The Federal Reserve uninverted the yield curve and the economic horizon just turned brighter.
Despite the trade war with China, a shrinking U.S. manufacturing sector, and political uncertainty, the clouds threatening an end to the 10½-year old expansion have cleared.
As of Halloween, the financial world made sense again. This was no trick! All treat.
A short-term T-Bill, as of October 31st, 2019, paid less interest than a long-term T-Bond.
The restoration of financial logic indicates that investors worldwide believe the Fed reversed itself quick enough to avert causing a recession. The threat of a recession is over.
The Standard & Poor's 500 stock index, the main benchmark of current financial and economic conditions, closed the week at a new all-time high of 3,066.91.
This article was written by a veteran financial journalist based on data compiled and analyzed by independent economist, Fritz Meyer. While these are sources we believe to be reliable, the information is not intended to be used as financial or tax advice without consulting a professional about your personal situation. Tax laws are subject to change. Indices are unmanaged and not available for direct investment. Investments with higher return potential carry greater risk for loss. No one can predict the future of the stock market or any investment, and past performance is never a guarantee of your future results.
- Economists Predict Lackluster 4Q22 Growth; Fed Algorithm Predicts 4.3%
- Amid Darkening News, Positive Economic Signs
- Stocks Soared This Past Week But Economic Pain Is Still Ahead
- Factors Blurring The Likelihood Of A Recession
- Weekly Investor Update
- Stocks Rose 4.7% This Past Week, Amid A Bear Market
- 105 Years Ago In Investing: Conditions Were Much The Same As Today
- A Timely Reminder Of Why You Take Stock Risk
- Good And Bad Financial News: Weekly Investment Update
- A Financial And Tax Planning Strategy For This Week's Stock Market Plunge
- Having Trouble Tuning Out The Bad Financial Economic News?
- A Key Signal Of Strength At A Pivotal Moment In Economic History
- Despite Strong Jobs Report, Stocks Declined Last Week
- The Fed Risks A Recession To End Inflation, As Expected
- Stocks Snap Four-Week Win Streak
- Stocks Have Soared Lately, But What Should You Expect Near And Long-Term?
- Investing In An Economy Beset By Multiple Anomalies
- Despite Bad Economic News, Stocks Rose 4% In The Week Ended July 29, 2022
- Amid Bad Data Releases, Leading Economists Predict No Recession
- Good News: Real Retail Sales Dropped Fractionally In The Past Year
- Financial Economic News Analysis
- The Good News Is All This Bad News
- Four Signs A Recession Could Be Short And Shallow
- Odds Of A Soft Landing Shrunk After Friday's News